[OSGeo-Edu] Cataloguing FOSS4G content

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Mar 10 13:58:20 EST 2010

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi all, anyone thoughts about how we could help collate and catalogue
> the freely available versions of workshops and presentations that exist
> online from past FOSS4G events?  I'm thinking we could add them to the
> educational content inventory system.  Make sense??
>
> If so, maybe a few of us could volunteer to take on one of the years
> events or even share one year with another person.  It would take a
> little digging but hopefully not too much.

These are great ideas... anyone willing to take this on? Also, Tyler, is
it possible for next year's conference to ask people to consider using
our inventory system for storing of their material?

Reminder -- If you are doing something OSGeo edu related for your own
needs/purposes, please keep in mind about "donating" or contributing
what you are doing to this group. This follows the "user generated
innovation, peer-production model" that open source is known for. We
really should be able to do more than we are currently following this
approach. Please contact me if you are doing something but are not sure
it is relevant for our group...

Cheers