[OSGeo-Edu] Permission to use the Association for Amercan Geographer's GIS&T Body of Knowledge framework

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 22:25:44 EDT 2010

I'm not an american geographer, but a brazilian one.

I've bought AAGs book, and I found it wonderful. I'm not sure about the
curriculum in US, but it seems a bit different than in Brazil.
Unfortunately, GIS&T is a side subject, and most colleges focus on Human
Geography (I'm not sure if this is the correct US term for this kind of
subject) and tend to let go of the more Physical Geography Studies
(including cartography and GIST&T).

I won't be at this meeting, but I'm sure it will be a lot of work and fun. I
wish we, here in Brazil, could promote a more serious GIS&T teaching effort.

I try, in my own manner, but we are miles far from AAGs.

I wish you all the best and if i can help in any way, count me in.

George

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:

> Charlie Schweik wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > 2) I'm going to the AAG conference on April 15th in Washington D.C. I
> > think Helena and I are on a panel about open source GIS being chaired by
> > Luc Anselin. If anyone else is going, perhaps we could coordinate a
> > Birds of a Feather meeting that day. Please contact me if you want to do
> > this.
> >
> > More soon, hopefully.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Charlie
> >

> I won't be there this year, but we will have an OSGeo booth being headed
> up by Eric Wolf. I suggest you advertise a BoF at the booth along with
> the FOSS session schedule.
>
> Also we're still looking for more volunteers to help at the booth for
> various time slots.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AAG_2010
>
> Thanks,
> Alex