[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Live DVD - ELOGeo

Mueller, Thomas Mueller at calu.edu
Wed Aug 10 08:17:52 EDT 2011

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the FOSS4G Edu meeting at Denver.  However I would like to be involved and help.  I agree with all the points delivered below.  I would like to make another suggestion.  I believe Open Source is getting a push in the recent years - for example BASINS is now tied to MapWindow.  I am hoping to build something on BASINS for my Environmental Applications class in Spring 2013 and I think that may be an avenue to work through (examine these type of models that are tied to Open Source GIS programs and create educational materials for them)

Thanks
Tom Mueller

Thomas R. Mueller, Ph.D., GISP
Advisor: Geography Major with GIS and Emergency Management Concentration
Co - Director: Pennsylvania View
Department of Earth Sciences, California University of Pennsylvania

"A man never gets to this station in life without being helped, aided, shoved, pushed and prodded to do better." - Johnny Unitas