[OSGeo-Edu] Edu virtual meeting to start in 20 minutes

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:44:54 EST 2011

On 12/09/2011 10:52 PM, Phillip Davis wrote:
> It requires any browser, that's it

Does it require also an Adobe Connect add-in? I installed such for linux
32 bit (I use Ubuntu 10.04 on tihs machine) and it seemed to go ok. My
mic works as I just used it for Skype. Yesterday the browser froze when
I tried running the audio setup wizard, now it allows me to run it and
it seems to suggest all is well but I couldn't record anything (did not
hear anything back although I can see that mic works and flash player is
asking a permission to my mic). Yesterday I had the green mic icon which
responded and I thought my mic was working in the beginning but now
checking the recording I find that it did not.

I think the chairperson should control the mics, i.e., open and close
them for people - I don't know if that's possible in this software -
without that it's often a confusion. Also the mic levels were wildly
different. The chat box was very slow to type in and small.

Best regards,

Ari