[OSGeo-Edu] Updated OSGeo wiki pages based on today's meeting

Mueller, Thomas Mueller at calu.edu
Sun Dec 11 21:05:52 EST 2011

Thank you to Phil and Charlie

From: edu_discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [edu_discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] on behalf of Charles Schweik [cschweik at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 12:12 PM
To: OSGeo-edu
Subject: [OSGeo-Edu] Updated OSGeo wiki pages based on today's meeting

Hi all,

I think the virtual meeting was a great step forward for our group.
We'll do better in terms of having better focus/discussion items but
overall I think the meeting was productive.
Thanks for all who attended. Apologies to people who could not.

I've created a new wiki page for our collective efforts. Note that I'm
trying to focus us on a couple of key initiatives. I'm totally open to
suggested revisions, of course. See [1]

On it is has a link at the bottom to my notes on the meeting and also
the actual recorded adobe connect meeting thanks to Phil Davis. (Scott
- I just saw this second your email on notes -- thanks for sending
that. The above page represents my own recollections.)

Note too that I've adjusted our main OSGeo edu page on the OSGeo main
website [2] to reflect where we are headed.

Thanks to Phil Davis at GeoTech for providing the adobe connect
virtual meeting platform.

Our next meeting will be on Friday January 13th. We want to have a
virtual meeting once a month on the second Friday of every month. To
get full global participation, we are going to rotate month to month
with two times. UTC 15:00 will be the time we use for Europe and (I
think) the Americas. We need to find another time that works for Asia
and Australia and other places who couldn't participate today.
January's meeting will be scheduled for this other group of
participants. We'll use Adobe Connect to record so we all can see what
was discussed.

More soon related to group governance.

Cheers and thanks all for everyone's continual interest in working
together. This is really a great set of people associated with this
group.

Charlie

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/education