Fwd: [OSGeo-Edu] Re: Establishing two regular virtual meeting times

Charles Schweik cschweik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 09:00:46 EST 2011

Hi OSGeo edu folks,

Thanks Brylie for trying to push us forward with your Doodle Poll [1].
I have to admit this Doodle poll posting caught me by surprise. In
some of our last emails, we had discussed having two different
alternative meeting times established so that we can alternate between
geographic areas on the world to encourage participation from everyone
interested, regardless of time zone. I think the responses to Brylie's
posting is showing this issue.

So let me suggest we try to get our times of day figured out and then
we can move toward our proposed "second friday of every month" idea.

We established 15:00 GTC for our regular virtual meeting time for
Europe and the Americas.

QUESTION to our colleagues in Asia and Australia (Cameron?) -- what
time or range of times might be best? After looking at MeetingPlanner
[1], I'm thinking maybe GTC 20:00? To get coverage for Asia and the
Americas?

Charlie

[1] http://www.doodle.com/sb3nmhhxwc4xtg29
[2] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html