[OSGeo-Edu] TUGIS 2011

Mueller, Thomas Mueller at calu.edu
Sat Jan 22 11:13:04 EST 2011

Sorry for cross postings

Dear Colleague

The following are several reminders about TUgis 2011 ...

1. The 24th annual Towson University Geographic Information Sciences Conference (TUgis 2011) is schedule for Wednesday and Thursday, March 23 and 24, 2011.

2. We have a great program shaping up for TUgis 2011. James Fee, WeoGeo, Inc. and James Fee GIS Blog is our confirmed keynote speaker for Wednesday, March 23. I expect to have confirmation of our keynote speaker for Thursday, March 24 by the end of next week. I hope you will consider presenting at TUgis 2011 if you have not already sent in a presentation proposal.

3. The early (discounted) registration fee for TUgis 2011 is available through Friday, February 11. Please visit the conference Web site at http://tugis.towson.edu/ and click on the "Register for TUgis 2011" button.

4. We are accepting presentation proposals for TUgis 2011 through Friday, February 11. As in prior years, those presenting at TUgis are eligible for a discounted registration rate. The Call for Presentations is available for download in .pdf form on the conference Web site. Look for the "Downloadable Files" box on the right hand side of the home page. Please email me your presentation proposal as soon as possible.

5. The early (discounted) exhibitor fee for TUgis 2011 will be available through Friday, February 11. The Exhibitor Agreement is available for download in .pdf form on the conference Web site. Look for the "Downloadable Files" box on the right hand side of the home page. Please contact Phil Reese at 410-704-3407 or preese at towson.edu for additional information about exhibiting at TUgis 2011.

6. Don't forget to send me your nominations for our awards (Award for Outstanding Contribution to GIS in Maryland and Lifetime Achievement Award). Please note that we have several categories of the Award for Outstanding Contribution to GIS in Maryland including professional,
K-12 teacher, college/university student, and K-12 student.

7. Finally, we will be accepting entries for the Map Design Competition through Friday, March 18.

Please note that, despite rising costs, we have not increased our registration or exhibitor fees for TUgis 2011. We are well aware of the budget constraints that everyone in the local GIS community are facing (ourselves included).

Please contact me at 410-704-2964 or jmorgan at towson.edu if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you at TUgis 2011!

Jay Morgan

John M. Morgan, III, Ph.D., Professor
Department of Geography and Environmental Planning
Towson University
8000 York Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21252-0001 USA
410-704-2964