[OSGeo-Edu] e-Learning for the Open Geospatial Community

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Tue Jul 26 12:51:24 EDT 2011

my experience

because i am from indonesia, a small country (but citizen no. 4 in the
world, i can said hamster country, producing human to much..).. and we are
non in IT market globally, but people just make crowd in last 3 year become
no. 1 in facebook user, twitter, 4square, mostly mobile. we usually pushed
to follow rather equally stand. the country threated as market rather as
resource.

my experience that i am confidence, the program if u direct to education
institution here, wont work :) even if u wanna work with bakosutranal (which
i am also helping there), wont work. because mostly they have ego, esp if
cross major in univ, where i am very independent.

i can see my positioning is strong here.

with the focus of education esp university to more research (dunno outside
indonesia, but i found in abroad near south east asia, also doing smiliar
happen, we have problem with resource output from education)

i am open for anything, because we should create an ecosystem, even we are
not formal partner, i can still use the material to distribute across
education entity here, but i also need to know, is it legal or not..

if ilegal, because must university, usually my univ partner will contact
directly to OSGeo.