[OSGeo-Edu] Help with IRS 501(c)(3) question

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Dec 5 06:49:00 PST 2012

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com>wrote:

> Edu Committee,
>
> FYI, I used the information provided by Charlie and adapted it to fit the
> questions from the IRS (#5 to 9). the final version is at:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/**501c3_Application:_Questions_**
> from_IRS,_September_2012<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/501c3_Application:_Questions_from_IRS,_September_2012>
>
> You'll notice that I removed a few details and some references to things
> like grant proposals to avoid raising more questions from them since OSGeo
> doesn't touch any of that money anyway.
>
> I also tried to promote the MoUs with Universities and the launch of Open
> Source Geospatial Labs as one of OSGeo's strong points in #5.
>
> Please feel free to comment. I will send this to our attorney shortly.

Your summary points look good to me and I'm glad you brought in more
information on the Open Source Geospatial Lab's networks. Sometime this
week I will be updating the Edu page with more information on that network
that Suchith sent me.

Great job. Thanks.

Charlie Schweik