[OSGeo-Edu] Please take the two surveys

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jan 14 15:53:34 EST 2012

On 01/14/2012 05:31 AM, Charles Schweik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) Thanks to the eight people who have responded to the below surveys.
> If you haven't responded, please do. They will take about 5-10 minutes
> in total. I'll send results out sometime this week.
>
> OSGEO EDU COURSE SURVEY: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MYZ3FPV
> OSGEO EDU GROUP GOVERNANCE SURVEY: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MQ3XZDM
>
> 2) I'm going to suggest that we NOT hold a meeting this friday, but
> rather have our next meeting as an actual webinar on a software
> package following the LiveDVD Quickstart text.
>
> Based on the 8 responses I have to the course survey above, question 5
> that asked " Are there educational content you wish you had but don't
> related to OSGeo associated projects?"
> I think we should try and get someone from either Geoserver or
> Openlayers to present.
>
> Cameron (or anyone who knows) -- was their quickstart material on
> either of these packages on the LiveDVD? Is there a Table of Contents
> of the quickstarts online somewhere with authors names?
>
> Cheers
> Charlie

Yes all the quickstarts are online, and I believe we have quickstarts
for both:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

The only way to pick out who wrote the quickstarts for a particular
project is to look at the svn commits, or maybe the rst source files on
trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
though Cameron does have a list of project contacts somewhere which is
probably a close match.

Thanks,
Alex