[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo webinars

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:38:57 PDT 2012

Charlie,
I suggest that there are not going to be many volunteers until there is
a template.
I suggest next steps should be:

1. Write a straw man template.
2. Put the template out to the community for review.
3. Receive lots of feedback, some of it contradicting.

These steps 1-3 will likely be done by one or maybe 2 people, and takes
quite a bit of time.

4. Test the template by creating a webinar our 2 with it.
5. Revise template.

6. Then go out to the community asking for more webinars. This is the
point where you do have a good chance of attracting volunteers, as the
volunteers will be able to see how their material will be successful.
7. Review all material as it comes in for quality and consistency. (This
is a lot of work).

Of note, I'm currently at step 6 with regards to building the OSGeo
Advocate page, and I strongly encourage you all to add your profiles to
this page over the next few days:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Process_for_becoming_an_OSGeo_Advocate
(For those already on the page, thankyou)

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally