[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo webinars

Charles Schweik cschweik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:19:13 PDT 2012

Hi Cameron, Stephan, Rafael, OSGeo edu'ers,

Thanks for your ideas all. I waited to respond to Cameron's email in
case others wanted to chime in.

The good thing is it feels like we are on to something that people are
interested in and will move our collective interests forward.  This
discussion might require a virtual meeting rather than email
discussions. But let's try another round of using the wiki and email.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Charlie,
> I suggest that there are not going to be many volunteers until there is a
> template. I suggest next steps should be:
>
> 1. Write a straw man template.

> These steps 1-3 will likely be done by one or maybe 2 people, and takes
> quite a bit of time.

Cameron, I absolutely respect and appreciate your suggestions. You
have been mobilizing the community in a remarkable way using this
process you lay out. But respectfully, I am not sure the template is
the first step here.

I think that what might be getting in the way is many of us might have
different ideas on what these webinars might be. There's a lot of
potential here.  Given our group has really never done this over the
web, anything is a step forward, I think.

In an effort to try to get us on the same page on what we might want
to do here I've added some ideas to the wiki [1]. All: please feel
free to edit/add your own ideas to this page.

If we can get some options up there on (1) target audience, (2) type
of webinars, then I'll try to put it to a group vote. Then we can turn
to topic areas.

Thanks all for helping me move this forward with your
ideas/suggestions. Keep them coming.

Cheers
Charlie

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_goals_and_to_dos