[El] epsg file missing and proj is looking for it

Hatzopoulos, Nikolaos hatzopou at chapman.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:22:49 EST 2010

try:
locate epsg

perhaps is here:
/usr/local/proj4/share/proj/epsg

--
Nikolaos Hatzopoulos

-----Original Message-----
From: el-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Martin Ouellet
Sent: Tue 11/9/2010 8:06 AM
To: el at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [El] epsg file missing and proj is looking for it

Hi,

I've just installed mapserver 5.6.5-3.el5.elgis on a CentOS machine
(64bits).
I did'nt have any error message while installing the RPM with YUM but I
think that proj is not well installed.

"yum list proj" return
proj.x86_64                                 4.7.0-1.el5.elgis
                   installed

1-I cannot find the epsg file on my machine ( find / -type f -name epsg =
nothing)
2-"which proj" return /usr/bin/proj but it's not a directory, just a file
3-I received this message when I start MapServer: Projection library error.
no system list, errno: 2

Any clue?

MartinOuellet