[El] gdal-java

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Nov 11 04:11:07 EST 2010

Hi Ralph,

while you are looking around the native libraries required for Java
GIS, I would be very interested in your opinion about the gdal-java
package (the version in testing).

I kind of hacked the gdal spec file so that the JNI libraries are also
produced and installed.
But I'm not so sure that I did it properly and consistently with Java
packaging rules on EL (I had a look at Fedora Java packaging
guidelines, but did not implement all that they recommend).

Moreover I am not sure whether the (arch independent) Java JAR file
which is produced, is also properly installed for use with other
applications.

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu