[El] About packaging JAI

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Thu Nov 11 16:24:03 EST 2010

Hi Mathieu,

JRL/JDL are not listed at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html

I do not know how udig people do, but I would not distribute neither
sources nor binaries for JAI before Oracle possibly decides to change
the model...

The .src.rpm should be rebuilt "on install" from sources fetched by the
final user (i.e. not by us). But of course we won't force that user to
download the sources from svn at each and every build attempt. That is
why a fetch script should be provided, but after that failing - for
whatever a reason - proceed with a source tarball possibly present
already in ./SOURCES

I will be able to upload a "no-source" "source-RPM" .-(  soon.

Cheers
Ralph