[El] mapserver projection bug

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Fri Sep 24 03:55:31 EDT 2010

Hi Nikolaos

I guess that lower case is the common choice. Having a look at an Ubuntu system, the file is called /usr/share/proj/epsg, and probably is so on all case sensitive file systems.

Looking at the MapServer docs, http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/projection.html, the "epsg"-string is in lower case, too.

So, I would definitly stick with the lower case convention.  Nothing prevents you, to create that symbolic link for compatibility reasons, but what would you do with:

>PROJECTION
>   init=Epsg:2100
>END

Could it be, that your mapfile was tested on Windows or OSX, both of them have case insenitive file systems?

Regards,

Peter
--------"Hatzopoulos, Nikolaos" <hatzopou at chapman.edu> wrote--------
Subject: [El] mapserver projection bug