[El] GRASS 6.4.1 on SL 6

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon May 16 04:05:36 EDT 2011

> * What can I do to encourage elgis or EPEL to offer GRASS (and the missing
> dependency: mesa-libGLw and mesa-libGLw-devel) for RHEL6/CentOS6/SL6??

Contributing such written details as you did in your blog is the best
way to encourage us! Thanks.

(If no objection) The plan for EL6 from an ELGIS repos perspective (as
discussed on the list over the months):
- we will start working on EL6 when CentOS 6 is out: for better or
worse, we currently sync with their releases, and our RPM factory is
based on their repos
- we will then check where EPEL does stand in terms of current
coverage and motivation to extend it: as decided back in December, we
will always be happier if packages can be maintained in EPEL rather
than in  ELGIS
- we will make sure that the latest stable versions of the main FLOSS
GIS software are available for this platform, providing them if
needed. GDAL, GRASS, MapServer, QGIS belong to the first ones on the
list

Cheers,

Mathieu