GRASS not working on RHEL Worksation (was Re: [ELGIS] ELGIS 6: all packages now available in testing for 32 and 64 bits)

Lawrence Houston elgis at greenfield.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 11 18:57:13 EST 2011

Mathieu:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> 3. Are you in a position to ask your Red Hat support why the xerces-c
> package is not available?

This RHEL Workstation 6.1 uses a University's Site License where the
Campus had its own Local Cache, which adds an "Additional" Layer of
"Remoteness" from the Days when this was an Individual License!!!

> My understanding is that RHEL Workstation is a superset of RHEL Desktop, and
> according to Tyler it is working there. So maybe there is something wrong
> with your envt.

That is possible!!!

> 4 (new). Can you please try to disable ELGIS and see if you can install the
> (older, v1.7.x) gdal from EPEL?

As you expected YUM Stops at the same place:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: gdal-1.7.2-1.el6.i686 (epel)
            Requires: libxerces-c-3.0.so
  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

> (You enabled EPEL already, didn't you?)

Yes the EPEL Repository had been enabled...

Lawrence Houston  --  (elgis at greenfield.dyndns.org)