[ELGIS] libgeos-3.3.1.so()(64bit) not found when updating to grass 6.4.1-3

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Nov 29 08:45:16 PST 2012

You can either:

A) enable ELGIS Testing (see my previous mail): if you just plan to
use GRASS there is not much risk and you will enjoy 6.4.2

B) or, if you want to keep using Stable until we have updated it:
  - Remove the geos package from EPEL that you currently have installed
yum remove geos
  - edit /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo and, in the [epel] section, add this line:
exclude=geos*
  - then install GRASS
yum install grass