[ELGIS] 32 bit support

Hillers Heather Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Tue Apr 30 08:32:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

On the Elgis download wiki (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#Note_about_Fedora.2C_ELGIS_and_EPEL) it says

1.       As of 2011, ELGIS Stable contains only the 64 bit binaries.  For 32 bits, you will have to enable ELGIS Testing.

And then a couple lines down:

2.        Note: there are currently only x86_64 packages in ELGIS Testing

I have, contrary to statement 1, the qgis.i386 (Vers 1.7.3) installed on centos6.  So, maybe statement 1 is a misprint.  I hope.  But,  I need to be able to upgrade qgis to 1.8, and I wanted to know

1)      Will the packages in testing now be released for i386, or only for x86_64? Will i386 continue to be supported?

2)      Are there any major obstacles to compiling the QGIS master on centos6 for i386? Is there a major incompatibility? I just got done building a Solaris version and I'm a bit battle weary.

3)      Is there a roadmap for getting 1.8 into Stable?

Grüße,

MonsterMushroom