[ELGIS] 32 bits (i686) RPMs in ELGIS6 Testing

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon May 13 07:23:50 PDT 2013

Hello,

all the packages currently in ELGIS6 Testing 64 bits (x86_64) have been
rebuilt for 32 bits (i686):
http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/6/elgis/i386/

I haven't tested them yet. I don't know if they even install at all.
They have been built on a x86_64 box with that kind of command:

i386 mock --arch i686 --target i686 --scm-enable -r elgis-6-testing-i686
--scm-option package=qgis -v

(the approach we were using previously, so no reasons why it should not
work)

This will allow us to soon update ELGIS6 Stable with a consistent set of
packages for the two supported architectures.

Then I would like to move on to package PostGIS 2.0. If some of you have
already built it on RHEL/CentOS/SL 6, I'd be interested on your experience.

@Tyler: I will soon publish updated mock config files, which are not
dependent on the build infrastructure (with public hostnames, etc.)

@Jody: You can give a try to this GDAL v1.9.2 32 bits

Feedback welcome, as always.
Cheers,

Mathieu