[ELGIS] SPEC files for MapServer 6.4.1 and MapCache 1.2.1

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Wed Nov 19 03:28:53 PST 2014

On 11/19/2014 12:15 PM, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 12:01 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Stephan Meißl <stephan at meissl.name> wrote:
>>> Great, thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Do you happen to know how we can get packages into the ELGIS repository?
>> Perhaps we should consider to create a new repo. This question is recurring...
> I agree. I can offer to use our repository [1] but I guess something
> under direct OSGeo governance would be more appropriate. Thoughts?
OSGeo governance is certainly nice. Anyway, ELGIS is at the moment in no
way linked to OSGeo, except having a wiki page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS .
Certainly, openening up the current development of ELGIS would have the
advantage, to build on the current ELGIS "brand". At some point in the
past, this repo was used by quite a lot of people. I remember Mathieu
showing the data some years ago, and it was "pas mal". ATM the repo is
not usable, e.g. GDAL can not be installed for a changed dependency in
EPEL (armadillo).
Otherwise, tighter integration/coordination with EPEL would be another
direction, which could make sense. The Fedora GIS people seemed to be
very competent and cooperative to me.

Peter

> cu
> Stephan
>
> [1] http://packages.eox.at/
>
>>> There doesn't seem to be much activity there.
>> Yep:
>>
>> https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#elgis.argeo.org
>> elgis.argeo.org IS VULNERABLE.
>>
>> Best