[ELGIS] SPEC files for MapServer 6.4.1 and MapCache 1.2.1

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:10:42 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Peter Hopfgartner <
peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/2014 12:15 PM, Stephan Meißl wrote:
>
>> On 11/19/2014 12:01 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Perhaps we should consider to create a new repo. This question is
>>> recurring...
>>>
>> I agree. I can offer to use our repository [1] but I guess something
>> under direct OSGeo governance would be more appropriate. Thoughts?
>>
> OSGeo governance is certainly nice. Anyway, ELGIS is at the moment in no
> way linked to OSGeo, except having a wiki page at
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS .
> Certainly, openening up the current development of ELGIS would have the
> advantage, to build on the current ELGIS "brand". At some point in the
> past, this repo was used by quite a lot of people. I remember Mathieu
> showing the data some years ago, and it was "pas mal". ATM the repo is not
> usable, e.g. GDAL can not be installed for a changed dependency in EPEL
> (armadillo).

+1 to upgrade GDAL. it is not very happy moment to downgrade armadillo
library for GDAL. A better way to upload spec files and test packages is
very important. ELGIS page at OSGeo wiki is not helpful for now.

For CentOS 6 many packages are not available such as ossim. But they are
available in Fedora. copying packages from Fedora to CentOs like Debian and
Unbutu GIS should be sufficient. But for the moment, there is no written
documentation on how to do that is avaialable

> Otherwise, tighter integration/coordination with EPEL would be another
> direction, which could make sense. The Fedora GIS people seemed to be very
> competent and cooperative to me.
>
> Peter
>
>  cu
>> Stephan
>>
>> [1] http://packages.eox.at/
>>
>>  There doesn't seem to be much activity there.
>>>>
>>> Yep:
>>>
>>> https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#elgis.argeo.org
>>> elgis.argeo.org IS VULNERABLE.
>>>
>>> Best