[ELGIS] Collaboration on Packaging software [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Sep 17 23:33:27 PDT 2014

Hello,

great news. Yes, we could use some help.

The best place to start, although a bit outdated, is still:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS

As Markus wrote, you can check out the Git repositories from here :
http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/

> a first step would be to clone the elgis6 branch of the git repository :
> http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/?p=grass.git;a=summary
>
> git clone git://elgis.argeo.org/grass.git -b elgis6

(checkout the 'elgis6' branch!)

These git repositories are clone / forks from the Fedora repositories:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/

They have not been updated for a while, so the first thing to do would be
to bring them up to speed by merging what has been done since then in
Fedora and testing it locally with mock.

I am still in the process of upgrading the factory and the repositories
themselves (I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...) I'll give you
more details when it is more or less ready.

So, if you (and others) can start working on upgrading the spec files from
Fedora, that would definitely fasten the relaunch of the ELGIS effort.

Cheers,

Mathieu