[EU] Side event on FOSS4G 2016

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Apr 27 23:20:05 PDT 2016

Hi Dirk,

for me sounds like a good idea and I directly have some ideas in mind,
what we could do.

1. We still have some slots for our topic talks ('TT') available. These
are 90-minutes slots, we want to dedicate to a specific topic. The
format is different from the normal presentation-slots. One moderator
runs the show and introduces to the topic and to perhaps 3-4 short
speakers, that have a talk each approx. ~ 10 minutes. Then trying to
start a discussion.
We are not quite sure yet how to present the results form our TT to the
auditorium, but we'll find a way ;-). I talked to Arnulf (CC) about
having a TT about standards, OGC and INSPIRE anyway, so that might fit
well.

2. What I also can offer (not 100% for sure, I have to ask, but they
already offered me) are one or two workshop rooms in the IHK Bonn on
monday, 22nd of August, this is the same building where we'll have our
B2B meeting on 23nd. The rooms have a capacity of perhaps 12 and 20
people. This is somehow divorced from the CodeSprint, but perhaps fits
better? The rooms would be for free.

3. Of course we could do kind of side-event inside BaseCamp as well. We
do not expect so much Code Sprinters as we thought in our first
plannings. There is a small stage as well and enough room to get s.t.h
like an un-conference organized.

4. It's early enough to organize s.th. else, if wanted.

Perhaps we could do both, your suggested un-conference and the TT. But
for the TT somebody must take this in his/her hands...

Regards, Till