[EU] European "partwise" Open Source GIS-Tender

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:02:06 PST 2016

All

Having also initiated similar initiatives in The Netherlands (OpenGeoGroup for open spatial service providers and a group of general open source service providers) organising and positioning of a European wide open spatial group is very worthwhile.

Especially when the objective is;
- positioning for EU tenders
- larger National tenders
- joint marketing and lobby efforts
- co-creation and collaboration
- sourcing specific skills and expertise

It is meant as a coalition of the willing. No guarantees for success, but worth a try.

However, it has a commercial agenda. Linkage with OSGeo (Local, EU, Org) can be on a personal level (companies join the cooperative and individuals OSGeo).
There is an overlap of OSGeo Outreach activities with Cooperative Commercial activities. So the agendas are different but can reinforce one another.

A quick first milk round through Europe shows a lot of interest. So far so good ;-)

Kind regards,
Marc Vloemans