[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:37:32 PST 2017

Hi,

It seems to me that many European or even global societies organize
themselves in European tax havens, which include Switzerland, Luxemburg,
Belgium, Austria, etc (this is a partial list from wikipedia).

In Finland we have the local committee as a legal society, which is tax
free as long as we don't do anything that looks like business to the tax
collector. Collecting money for activities and even paying salaries is
usually ok. We don't have to report to the tax collector unless we do
business - but what is business is again somewhat fuzzy.

Best,

Ari