[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:43:00 PST 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that many European or even global societies organize
> themselves in European tax havens, which include Switzerland, Luxemburg,
> Belgium, Austria, etc (this is a partial list from wikipedia).
>
> In Finland we have the local committee as a legal society, which is tax free
> as long as we don't do anything that looks like business to the tax
> collector. Collecting money for activities and even paying salaries is
> usually ok. We don't have to report to the tax collector unless we do
> business - but what is business is again somewhat fuzzy.
>
> Best,
>
> Ari

Hi Ari,

Good to know! Why do we want tax heavens if it is not for good things
like this? :)

So, is someone on some friendlier country wanting to step forward for
this? I can help from here, but I guess we need at least someone
officially living on the country we want to set up the association.

María.