[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Jan 11 01:54:36 PST 2017

Dear Maria, @all,

many thanks for putting this forward, I really look forward to get a
solid OSGeo-EU established in 2017 ;-). Indeed this is an important
question: I proposed the OSGeo board to keep at least some of the F4G
2016 surplus over here in Europe. But in order to be able to transfer
money from the current FOSSGIS (OSGeo chapter
Germany/Switzerland/Austria) bank account, we need a legal entity, that
also is accepted as non-profit organisation.

There is a possibility to do this over here in Germany, but the process
to found a registered society and then to be accepted as non-profit
organisation takes some time (to be honest, too long :-( ).

Dirk talked about a possibility to have this in Belgium, @Dirk perhaps
you can report your ideas?

Till