[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:23:40 PST 2017

11.01.2017, 12:04, María Arias de Reyna kirjoitti:
> Then you can count with me as a member.
>
> Maybe we should make a comparison between a few countries to see which
> one fits better? Having fixed yearly prices as in The Netherlands is
> fine for me, but it is best if there is none :)

You can count me also as a founding member if needed.

The NL prices seem high. For us it was 50 € for registration (we wrote
our bylaws ourselves) and we don't need to report yearly, so no cost. We
do need to keep the books but it is not a big job if there are not much
transactions and can be done by a volunteer. If we want a professional
accountant even then that's not very expensive, perhaps a few hundred
per year. That depends of course and I have only limited experience.

What would the source of income for OSGeo EU be? The FOSS4G Europe?
Would it assume the financial risk? What would it use its money for?
Code sprints etc? What would the yearly turnover be, approximately?
Maybe 10 000?

Ari