[EU] Chapter creation as NGO

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:08:57 PST 2017

Hi,

I added myself to the list and added my personal details on my OSGeo
wiki page (the date and place of birth show only in the source for some
reason).

Is this an accurate description of the conditions for international
not-for-profit NGOs having their seat in Belgium?

http://www.uia.org/belgianlaw

Sorry, but I cannot read bylaws which are in French or Dutch. My
concerns would be on

* how the governance structure is set up, there should preferably be
some kind of balance between popular vote and representativeness of
countries (and people/countries from outside of EU should not be left
out completely)

* if the organization takes financial risk, then that risk should not be
on the board members personally

Best,

Ari