Long Transactions support in MySQL provider

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 24 23:07:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to ask for clarification.
I'm reading "The Essential FDO" and there is a table of command
capabilities on page 30.
The second column is about MySQL provider and as I see there is
'Y' mark in almost all rows for Long Transactions commands.
For example, the CreateLongTransaction command is
marked as available in MySQL.

I'm also going through the FDO source code and the function
FdoRdbmsMySqlConnection::CreateLongTransactionManager()
includes following comment:

// There is no long transaction support in MySQL.

and returns NULL, what I read as a not-supported.

Please, could anyone explain me what is the actual state of LT support
in MySQL?

Best regards