[fdo-dev] GetProviderDatastoreType()

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 26 22:03:53 EDT 2006

Same question applies to the OGR provider.
In theory one could wait until the connection is open and figure out what the underlying data source is, but I didn't do that (so far). I just made it return Unknown.
The downside (and I'm relating something that was explained to me when I asked the same question) is that a MapGuide feature source is not portable when you return Unknown -- meaning that if the connection is to a file, the client logic would know to copy the file also when moving a feature source around. With Unknown, it can't know that so copying a feature source would require manual work by the user.

Traian