Classes and properties in SHP providers
mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 29 06:12:42 EST 2006
Could anyone confirm if following statements correct for
FDO SHP provider?
1. Currently, SHP provider does not support create/destroy datastore
2. I can create empty shapefile ie. using shpcreate/dbfcreate utils from
Shapelib package, then I can use these shapefiles to apply schema and
fill with data.
3. SHP data store is interpreted as a directory/set of shapefiles.
4. Feature class definition is mapped to single shapefile.
5. Feature class properties are mapped to columns of
a shapefile's DBF and geometry stored in .shp file.
Thanks very much!
More information about the Fdo-internals