[fdo-dev] Classes and properties in SHP providers

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Sun Oct 29 06:59:30 EST 2006

These ar my find outs:

1. Yes

2. I believe so

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

Haris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mateusz Loskot [mailto:mateusz at loskot.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:13 PM
To: fdo-dev
Subject: [fdo-dev] Classes and properties in SHP providers

Hi,

Could anyone confirm if following statements correct for FDO SHP
provider?

1. Currently, SHP provider does not support create/destroy datastore
commands.

2. I can create empty shapefile ie. using shpcreate/dbfcreate utils from
Shapelib package, then I can use these shapefiles to apply schema and
fill with data.

3. SHP data store is interpreted as a directory/set of shapefiles.

4. Feature class definition is mapped to single shapefile.

5. Feature class properties are mapped to columns of a shapefile's DBF
and geometry stored in .shp file.

Thanks very much!