[fdo-internals] RFC 3: PostGIS provider

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 26 09:48:23 EDT 2007

Agreed.

-----Original Message-----
From: fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:fdo-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Frank
Warmerdam (External)
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:44 AM
To: FDO Internals Mail List
Subject: Re: [fdo-internals] RFC 3: PostGIS provider

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can you please have a look at and comment on RFC3?
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc3

Jason,

I have no problem with this.

> I can't remember if we agreed that it could be added to SVN & Trac
(new
> component) ahead of acceptance of the RFC.  We'd be grateful if it
could
> :)  At this point we are at risk of losing bug reports in initial
> testing.

I have taken the liberty of adding a "PostGIS Provider" category in the
FDO
Trac with mloskot as the default assignee and I would encourage using
this
for bugs, even in advance of it's formal adoption.  Since the code is
already
under subversion at refractions, I think we can wait for migration till
it
is adopted, though it bothers me that we will lose all the history.

------
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org