[fdo-internals] Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Apr 30 15:35:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Recently, I've been fighting with SP1 for VS2005.
Installation of this SP1 makes problems because binaries are "broken"
and end-users, without VS2005 + SP1 installed, are not able to use them.

Unfortunately, it seems the SP1 is required for Windows Vista:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929470/en-us

Fortunately, there is new vcredist package that supports SP1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

Personally, I'd like to start using SP1 soon because my other projects
need it. Is there any plan in FDO to migrate to SP1 ?