[fdo-internals] RFC 3: PostGIS provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Apr 26 11:56:54 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Since the code is already under subversion at refractions,
> I think we can wait for migration till it is adopted, though
> it bothers me that we will lose all the history.

I saw something about this on IRC (#zco) the other day, and just
confirmed.

Apparently you can use svndumpfilter to compress the revisions (and if
necessary change paths) in the fdopostgis repository, and then when you
import it it just adds new revisions for each change.

I can't say that I totally understood it, but we can test it thoroughly
first with a dump/restore on a different server using the OSGeo svn
snapshots.