[fdo-internals] xmin and xmax are reserved keywords

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jan 15 11:56:31 EST 2007

Brent Robinson wrote:
> Mateusz,
>
> That would work for me.

Great, and thank you!

> This issue is likely to come up again for future providers,
> since other RDBMS's may also reserve some of the column names currentl
> in the FDO MetaSchema.

Yes, that's exactly my concern too.

> Allowing the provider to customize the
> MetaSchema table and column names would provide a relatively easy way to
> resolve these issues. The MetaSchema tables are created by fdo_sys.sql
> but, fortunately, provider-specific customizations to this file are
> allowed.

Yup. I've prepared and working fdo_sys.sql script for PostGIS already.

I suppose this motion should be requested with some RFC ;-)
but I'm pretty limited in time, also the OSGeo migration is still in
progress.

OK now, who is going to say final Go! ?
Also, as I understand I'm supposed to apply this fix, into the PostGIS
branch first, right?

Brent? Greg? Bob?