[fdo-internals] xmin and xmax are reserved keywords

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 15 14:19:29 EST 2007

One extra thing: FdoSmPhSpatialContextGroupReader references a static
function from FdoSmPhSpatialContextGroupWriter, so you'd have to
override this reader as well to get it to invoke the overridden writer.

>By the way, I'm curious what's the alternative to ApplySchema command
>create FDO-enabled datastore?
>If a provider doesn't support ApplySchema, how users are supposed to
>configure the datastore?

Sofar, the only providers that can have FDO-enabled datastores are ones
that support ApplySchema. For the others, the FDO schema for the
connection datastore is specified 1 or 2 ways:

	- reverse-engineered from the datastore contents.
	- specified by an XML config file.

One alternative to using ApplySchema to set up an FDO-enabled datastore
is by writing some RDBMS-level scripts (e.g. PL*SQL in Oracle). However,
FDO does not supply any such scripts.