[fdo-internals] SVN Repository Merge Issues

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jan 30 16:53:00 EST 2007

Greg Boone wrote:
> Your example is valid but does not answer the question I asked.
>
> 1)       If a user runs the following from the top directory, should
> this action build FDO and all providers?
>
>         automake
>         autoconf
>         ./configure
>         make

Greg,

Have you considered to add some options to ./configure to enable and
disable some providers/features?

In one of providers-based library I work on, I use

./configure --enable-provider-xxx

to request build of provider XXX.

> 2)       Another question, should I be able to run ./configure from a
> Provider subdirectory or will we only be able to run ./configure from
> the root directory?

It's also possible to have more than one ./configure script:
- root level ./configure
- subproject level ./configure