[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 7 - Add New Methods to FdoClassDefinition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 27 11:09:59 EDT 2007

Dan Stoica wrote:
> Secondly:
>
>             /// Sets the value of m_IsViewBased. It is true if a class
> is based on view; otherwise is false.
>
>             /// This is an internal method that can only be called by
> providers._ Application should not use this method._
>
>             ///
>
>             /// \return
>
>             /// Returns nothing
>
>             ///
>
>                 FDO_API void SetIsViewBased( bool value );
>
> How do we enforce (see in red) this behavior since the method is public?

Dan,

It seems to me we have this pattern quite widely in FDO, don't we?
Properties that should only be set from within the providers but with
the setter methods also exposed to applications.

Personally I can live with this exposure with the expectations documented.
But it is somewhat unfortunate.  I can't help but think there might have
been a better way of originally laying this all out.