[fdo-internals] #fdo is not registered

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon May 28 12:31:49 EDT 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> If you know how, that would be cool.  I'd also like to see MapGuide
> registered... and more folks hanging out on both :)

I tried to register #fdo but there are some problems.
The channel is empty, I'm the only user logged in but I still can't
register it getting warning:

[18:22]  -ChanServ- You are not a channel operator on [#fdo]

AFAIK, operator is a user who created the channel.

Who did create the #fdo channel?

I talked to the FreeNode staff and I was told that we can gain control
over channel after we file a group contact form (GCF)
and wait a few weeks for approval.

Here are useful links:

What are groups?
http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#groups

How to register new group?
http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml

GCF
http://freenode.net/group_contact_form.shtml

I submitted the GCF form for moss4g project and I've been waiting ~4
weeks. I was told the FreeNode staff is pretty bussy with a lot of
applications to review.

Summarizing, if we know who created the #fdo channel, then that person
can close and re-create the #fdo channel, when it's empty.

Regardless having Op, it's highly recommended to file the GCF and
register FDO, MapGuide (and other projects) groups.

Looking forward your comments...