[fdo-internals] MOTION: Acceptance of updated FDO Conributor Agrements

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 23 13:05:29 EST 2007

Greg Boone wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Now that the new contributor agreements have been accepted, is there a
> requirement for all existing contributors to sign the agreement?

Greg,

I believe they should.

I have signed and faxed my individual contributor agreement to Tyler.
Hopefully Tyler will notify you, as FDO chair, when he receives and
files contributor agreements for the FDO project.

I'd suggest we also keep a reasonably prominent list of contributors,
and developers so we know who is covered by a contribution agreement.
For instance, commiters should not really be accepting and applying
code from contributors who haven't signed an agreement yet unless the
patch is of a trivial size (so as to not be meaningfully copyrightable).