[fdo-internals] Testing PostGIS / OGR - IRC Rocks!
Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 26 15:21:06 EDT 2007
OK, this is my last message to both lists :)
The last couple days have really clarified how effective IRC is for
communicating problems, and iteratively working through to a solution.
Email is far slower and harder to keep in sync.
I would strongly suggest that developers and users in the MapGuide and
FDO communities make use of the IRC channels that we have set up for
this kind of real-time communication.
So, if your corporate firewall allows, please join us on:
Some easy-to-use IRC clients include
- HydraIRC - Windows-only application
- Colloquy - Mac IRC client
- X-Chat Aqua - Mac IRC client (keyboard-friendly)
- Chatzilla - Cross-platform plugin for FireFox -
- X-Chat - Windows / Linux client
There are some useful hints on the Freenode site, including how to
register a username so that you have a fixed identity:
More information about the fdo-internals