[fdo-internals] New RFC10 Is Posted

Maggie Yang maggie.yang at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 6 01:54:57 EDT 2007

I think support jpeg2000 is a good idea, we maybe can make it in near
future. But in this RFC, which is mainly focusing to extend the
additional parameters and bit depth variants. So, we did not consider to
extend the supported image formats. The old WMS provider only supported
those 4 images formats: image/png, image/jpg, image/tif, image/gif,
because those 4 are the most common-used image formats by WMS server.
We can consider to supported Jpeg2000 if this one is widely-used by WMS
server.
Could you send one or some WMS URL(s) which supported Jpeg2000? We can
try it.

Correct, WMS provider use GDAL to parse the data.

This RFC will change the WMS provider API, because the interface changes
from enum to string type. So, we need to require a RFC.
Thanks for your reminder, I will make this point clear in the RFC
document.

Thanks,
Maggie Yang