[fdo-internals] Where is the .net/C# wrapper for FDO on MS-Windows ??

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Apr 1 10:49:46 EDT 2008

Latest FDO downloads are here:

http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-330-downloads

Download the Windows SDK.

Include the OSGeo.FDO.dll in your application.

I don't know about a tutorial, but you must know how the provider
registry (providers.xml) works.
This is some sample C# code for the FDO and the OGR provider:

                OSGeo.FDO.IProviderRegistry r =
OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetProviderRegistry();
                OSGeo.FDO.IConnectionManager cm =
OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.FeatureAccessManager.GetConnectionManager();

                OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.ProviderCollection pc =
r.GetProviders();

                OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.Provider sp = null;
                foreach (OSGeo.FDO.ClientServices.Provider p in pc)
                    if (p.Name.StartsWith("OSGeo.OGR"))
                    {
                        sp = p;
                        break;
                    }

                if (sp == null)
                    throw new Exception("No \"OSGeo.OGR\" found, please
correct providers.xml");

                OSGeo.FDO.Connections.IConnection source_connection =
cm.CreateConnection(sp.Name);
                /*foreach (string s in
source_connection.ConnectionInfo.ConnectionProperties.PropertyNames)
                    Console.WriteLine("s: " + s); */
                source_connection.ConnectionString = @"DataSource=" +
sourcepath + ";ReadOnly=true";
                source_connection.Open();