[fdo-internals] SQLite provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Apr 18 19:30:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been playing around with this a bit.  As a totally unscientific
trial, I added a clone of my SDF parcels layer to my main map, and left
this with some background layers (water, city fill) turned on.
Considering the additional factors (network latency, MapGuide's
rendering, etc) I didn't really expect to see much difference in the
redraw on my 900x760 map at 1:30,000.  I was surprised; there is a
noticeable improvement in response time.

Few usability points:

Any chance I can convince you to use "Default" for your default schema
name instead of SLSchema?  With the change in schema names, Studio makes
me re-create layers that I want to point to the new data source.  Not
that big a deal (I can either recreate or hand-edit the XML), but it
would be easier if I didn't have to.

It doesn't look like the converter transfers the supported geometries
properly either; for my polygon-only SDF file, it showed all three
geometry types in Studio.  It would be nice if these transferred over
from the source schema intact.

I also had an error "malformed XML" or something like that when trying
to use the theme function in Studio.

Would it be OK for me to post an unofficial build of this provider and
the conversion utility to let others try it out.