[fdo-internals] Buildbot

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 22 15:57:46 EDT 2008

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Jason Birch wrote:
>> Hey, that's cool.  Thanks Mateusz.
>>
>> Is there hardware available to do nightly (Windows?) builds?
>
> I suppose machines used by buildbot could be used for this purpose.
>
> Frank, any suggestions?

Mateusz,

I'd suggest we use Jason's workstation.

Seriously, I'm not sure.  Eventually I'd like to have a windows instance
in a VM somewhere at telascience, but I'm not convinced we are close to
that.

For GDAL we are working on a system kindly provided by Tamas but I can't
see that we could ask him to let us run FDO on it too since it isn't really
something he needs.

I'd say, lets focus on getting a linux buildbot instance going and well
cared-for for a few months and then revisit the issue.