[fdo-internals] Buildbot

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Apr 22 16:04:38 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Jason Birch wrote:
>>> Hey, that's cool.  Thanks Mateusz.
>>>
>>> Is there hardware available to do nightly (Windows?) builds?
>>
>> I suppose machines used by buildbot could be used for this purpose.
>>
>> Frank, any suggestions?
>
> Mateusz,
>
> I'd suggest we use Jason's workstation.

Frank,

Works for me :-)

> Seriously, I'm not sure.  Eventually I'd like to have a windows instance
> in a VM somewhere at telascience, but I'm not convinced we are close to
> that.

Yes, I suppose.

> For GDAL we are working on a system kindly provided by Tamas but I can't
> see that we could ask him to let us run FDO on it too since it isn't really
> something he needs.

OK.

> I'd say, lets focus on getting a linux buildbot instance going and well
> cared-for for a few months and then revisit the issue.

Yes, you are right.

Jason,

If preparation of nightly builds is fully automated and it can be run by
hand (build - pack - upload to FTP) then I can offer resources of my
machine. I run number of Virtual Machines on my computer
so there is no problem for me to make & upload new builds
every day, by hand.
The only problem is that I can not leave my computer running 24/7,
at least not before I move to my new place in the mid of June.

Greetings